Sunday, September 29, 2013
Kick Ass Renegade Ride today. A combination of being a little lighter, a little stronger, a little fresher and a little more savvy (get out of the saddle and work for it!). Over the top, through the tunnel & down the other side with the lead group today which was Gus, Armando, Andy & Glen – that’s fast company. Big ring, out of the saddle all the way up the climb – same thing on the way back for more PRs.
Off the bike, I’ve been playing with side planks and hand stands this weekend. Side planks will go into the rotation right away. The form is not very good right now but that will come around quickly enough. Hand stands are a totally different deal – that’s going to take some serious work.
Here’s what I ate today:
- Oatmeal with molasses & agave nectar, blueberries, pecans, flax seed and hemp hearts
- On the ride:
- Toasted Bagel with honey
- Post ride:
- 8 oz chocolate milk
- Green smoothie: Spinach, kale, melon, blackberries, hemp protein powder
- Crostini w/Peso and tomatoes, kalmata olives, 2 Anchor Steam beers.
- Lentil Dahl – recipe from Forks over Knives, The Cookbook, Whole Wheat Naan bread
- Green salad with hemp oil and balsamic vinaigrette
- Glass of Cabernet
Dahl was excellent (just a pinch more salt in the pot next time, but essentially there). I have a killer naan recipe that I have used many times, but it’s all processed white flour. The whole wheat version shows promise, but needs just a little work. It was still fantastic with the Dahl, just could be better.
We also prepped some veggie burgers today for tomorrow’s dinner – very promising and I’m really looking forward to trying them. Stay tuned for that – it’s going to be a great week everybody!