Friday, September 27, 2013
Using the new bathroom scale, here are the metrics for the end of week 3:
Weight: 131.4 lbs
Body Fat: 11.9%
Body Water: 61.1%
According to the spreadsheet I’ve been using to translate from my broken scale, I would be at 132.6. So I was off in the heavy direction which puts me ahead of the game, in a way. Psychologically, that’s good – it would have been a bit demoralizing to have to take a few steps back and reset. At the same time, it’s amazing to me to be closing in on 130 lbs and 12% BF and still have extra belly hanging around. Since I never paid attention to a scale until 3 years ago, I really don’t know what to expect the ‘floor’ to be, but as a wanna be climbing specialist on the bike, it’s exciting to finally see the fat starting to go along with the pounds. I’ve got to be getting close. 11.9% of 131.4 pounds is 15.6 and you can’t live without some fat. There are a few pounds left to shed, but that’s it. Based on my recent performance, I don’t think I’ve lost any muscle in the process, but the immediate focus is going to stay on eliminating the fat once and for all, then I’ll work on using plants to build muscle.
Here’s what I ate today:
- Oatmeal with molasses & agave nectar, blueberries, pecans, flaxseed and hemp hearts
- Green smoothie: Spinach, kale, strawberries & melon
- Ezekiel sprouted grains wrap with black beans, salsa, guacamole, onion & cheddar cheese. ½ red bell pepper, Greek yogurt with agave & hemp hearts, apple
- Birthday cake! This one of my big indulgences – the monthly office birthday cake. I look forward to it, I relish it, I eat a big-ass piece. They usually come from Porto’s Bakery. Today it was a mango mousse cake and it was awesome.
- Appetizer: carrots, bell pepper & cherry tomatoes with hummus
- Whole wheat Margherita pizza
- Green salad with hemp oil and balsamic vinaigretted
- Glass of Cabernet