Thursday, November 14, 2013
I was commuting on the race bike today since I crashed the single speed yesterday. Took an easy ride up La Tuna Canyon at lunch to make sure all the body parts still worked. They do, mostly. Managed a 5 mile run when I got home. I set a record slow pace primarily due to nursing a groin pull resulting from involuntarily clipping out of my pedals yesterday, but tonight I am walking like any other human, so I feel I am starting to adapt.
I’m looking forward to something longer this weekend.
Here’s what I ate today:
- The Real Deal Oatmeal: with molasses, walnuts, blueberries and agave
- Green Smoothie: Spinach, Kale, Strawberries and Raspberries
- Mujadara Wrap, 1/2 Bell Pepper, Apple, Banana
- Brownie and Cookie PIg Out
- Appetizer: heirloom carrots and hummus
- Roasted Fingerling Potatoes and Brussels Sprouts
- Moroccan Egg Plant
- Green Salad with Tahini Dressing
- Glass of Cabernet
I lost it today and ate a bunch of sugar that was lying around the office after somebody else’s business lunch. Damn you, Corner Bakery!
Sometimes my will seems iron clad. Other days are like today. Probably means I’m not eating enough of the good stuff, particularly since I’ve added the running?
When I brought out the Potatoes and Brussels Sprouts tonight, my daughter said, “Oh, my favorite”. My wife had a salad – so that’s cool. She is doing her best to cope.