Friday, November 15, 2013
Body Fat: 11.4%
Resting Heart Rate: 41
Holding my own? Not really. I’ve allowed myself too many sub-optimal diet choices lately. That’s clinical enough to keep it impersonal.
So it’s another Friday night. 10th week of the challenge. I did not expect to crash on Wednesday so I missed a few easy miles but I still feel like I made progress on the fitness front – my body is starting to adapt to running and I continue to get slightly stronger. I was developing some decent balance on the inversions but haven’t done any since the crash since I still have some tightness in the shoulders and neck.
Two weeks of training time left before my first scheduled half marathon. I’m still confident I can be ready and this weekend will provide further proof one way or the other.
Here’s what I ate today:
- Oatmeal with Molasses, Flax Seeds, Walnuts, Blueberries and Agave
- Green Smoothie: Spinach, Kale, Strawberries, Blackberries
- Mujadara Wrap
- 1/2 bell pepper, apple, carrots
- Heirloom Carrots and Hummus
- 2 Double Barrel Ales
- Onion and Artichoke Calzone
- Green Salad with Hemp Oil and Balsamic Dressing
- Big glass of Cabernet
- Couple of Chips Ahoy – Yikes!
The Calzone was awesome, but cheesy and I’ve been giving in to sweets all week. I’m looking at it as diet periodization. It’s my wife’s birthday this weekend and I’ll get back in line on Monday? It’s all part of the journey, part of the challenge.