Sunday, October 27, 2013
Small group of Renegades Chasing down the Cycle World shop ride today. That’s the way it should be. A reasonably mellow ride, but not easy – I was really feeling yesterday’s Simi Ride. Feels good though, it’s been a couple of weeks since I had a good hard weekend like that. Tomorrow I fly to New York for the week so I’m going to be challenged on both fronts, training and eating. I’m not going to worry too much about dairy, but I should be able to avoid meat for three days of business lunches & dinners. There is a decent little gym at the hotel too, so no reason I can’t get in some good workouts.
Here’s what I ate today:
- Oatmeal with molasses & agave nectar, blueberries, walnuts, flaxseed and hemp hearts
- On the Ride
- Toasted bagel with honey
- Post Ride
- Green Smoothie – Spinach, Kale, melon, blueberries
- Cilantro Lime Quinoa with Pinto Beans and Tortilla chips
- Appetizer: Carrots and Bell Pepper with Hummus, Shock Top Pumpkin Wheat Ale (2)
- Grilled vegetables, roasted garlic crostini
- Salad with Hemp oil and balsamic dressing
- Glass of Cabernet
- I snuck a Luna bar from my wife’s stash…
Just a couple of platters of grilled veggies tonight – sweet potato, cauliflower, asparagus, onion, mushroom and tomato with some grilled, sliced baguette spread with roasted garlic. Very tasty and simple.